Solgate is a research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane transporters. By modulating the function of the “gates” to cellular metabolism, Solgate aims to address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases, metabolic disorders and in cancer. Solgate is located in the newly established xista park, a space housing a growing community of technology startups and biotech companies, adjacent to IST Austria in Klosterneuburg, near Vienna.
Solgate is seeking to hire a motivated and accomplished Research Associate as a Lab Manager to join our fast-growing interdisciplinary research team. Together, you will take part in developing novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate the functions of membrane transporters. The position is part of a team of scientists working together at the interface of functional genomics, molecular biology, chemistry and advanced computational methodology.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary research projects towards the development of small molecules
- Accountable for laboratory organization (ordering, documentation, database, consumable and infrastructure management)
- Ensure records are maintained and managed according to our policies and procedures, departmental policies/procedures and in accordance with defined retention times and legal holds.
- Ordering, receiving, shipping, and tracking of laboratory equipment, samples, and supplies
- Establishing and maintaining an inventory for reagents, supplies and equipment.
- Planning and execution of projects through various experimental and analytical methods, such as manipulation of cell lines and cell-based assays
- Record, analyze, summarize experimental data as part of reporting in written and oral presentations
- May be required to perform other duties as needed, including but not limited to training and onboarding staff, equipment monitoring, and other tasks associated with records management.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and teams and work independently in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to build open and collaborative relationships and work effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Fosters smoothly running laboratory functions through timely and effective resolution of disruptions.
- This position requires the ability to act independently and take initiative with minimal supervision.
- Master’s in Life Sciences (Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or related) with at least three years of practical experience in the laboratory
- Experience with ordering, receiving, shipping, and tracking of laboratory equipment, samples, and supplies
- Excellent skills in performing and documenting experiments (for example: molecular biology techniques, mammalian cell culture, biochemistry, synthesis)
- Proactive, efficient team player who is able to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Creative problem solving and excellent planning and analytical skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required. German is highly valued.
At Solgate, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills to advance your career and take part in the growth of Solgate from its early days. Solgate embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building our team to represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We can offer you market-rate gross monthly remuneration starting from 2920€. The actual remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, with readiness to pay in excess of collectively agreed amount.
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two references) to our recruitment team using the link. For any question, just contact us (email@example.com). Please provide the documents as two PDFs, with your name. We can only consider full applications submitted through our portal. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
|Position Type||Part-time / full-time|
|Starting Date||As of now|
Part-time / full-time
As of now