Solgate is a new research-driven biopharmaceutical startup that develops drugs targeting solute carrier (SLC) proteins, the largest family of membrane transporters. By modulating the function of the “gates” to cellular metabolism, Solgate aims to address unmet medical needs in neurological diseases, in metabolic disorders and in cancer. Solgate is located in the newly established IST Park, a space housing a growing community of technology startups and biotech companies, adjacent to IST Austria in Klosterneuburg, near Vienna.
Solgate is seeking to hire a motivated and accomplished Bioinformatician/ Data Scientist to join our fast-growing interdisciplinary research team, developing together with biologists and chemists novel small molecule therapeutics that modulate the functions of membrane transporters. We have a high-performance and result-oriented culture, looking for colleagues eager to contribute and learn. The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience, entrepreneurial drive, and a passion for advancing our mission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement emerging workflows for bioinformatics, along with well-documented code and reports
- Engage in multidisciplinary research projects and closely collaborate with Solgate team members to progress strategic targets and support experimental design, statistical analyses, and documentation
- Provide subject matter expertise on the data needs for project deliverables in ways that enable efficient decision making
- Provide leadership within the team through scientific/technical mentoring, contribution to documentation, and infrastructure management
- Employ innovative problem-solving skills utilizing cutting edge data science to identify clinically relevant disease subtypes and associated therapeutic targets
- Maximize target discovery efforts to incorporate additional data types and novel analysis methods
- Organize, summarize and deliver data, in written and oral presentations
To accomplish the responsibilities of this role, the candidate must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills in addition to rigorous scientific thinking.
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant field such as Computational Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Chemoinformatics or Computer Science with 3+ years of hands-on experience in applying advanced bioinformatics and data science methods.
- Experience in implementing methodologies for statistical modelling, machine learning, bioinformatics, data visualization, image processing or analysis pipelines.
- High proficiency in R or Python scripting languages, basic knowledge in a second scripting language
- Familiarity with relational databases, SQL, Rshiny and/or software engineering are a plus
- Experience with one of the following is valued: high content screening, image analysis, cheminformatics, machine learning or -omics data processing (particularly in proteomics,transcriptomics or multi-omic networks)
- Good presentation and communication skills, explaining complex analytics concepts to colleagues at all levels
- Comfortable in an agile working environment
- Fluent in English; other languages is a plus
At Solgate, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills to advance your career and take part in the growth of the company. Solgate embraces diversity and equal opportunity and we are committed to building our team to represent a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We can offer you a gross monthly (brutto) remuneration starting from 4119 €. The actual market-rate remuneration package will be guided by your professional experience and your qualifications, with readiness to pay in excess of the collectively agreed amount.
To apply, please submit your letter of motivation and your curriculum vitae (including the contact details of two references) to our recruitment team using the link below.
Please provide the documents with your name. We can only consider full applications through the portal. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For any questions regarding the position, e-mail us at hr(AT)solgate.com.
|Position Type||Full-time employee|
|Starting Date||As of now|
As of now